Monday, October 11, 2010

New Zealand Fashion Week

So I recently attended fashion week for the first time. I am still undecided on how I feel about the whole experience, I can say one thing for sure, I will never be going as a dresser again! BUT i did meet a lot of people and managed to get into a few decent shows (as a person, not a dresser) and saw NZ fashion as a bigger picture. Although there were a few stand out shows, people with style were lacking. There were lots of people with pulps and short dresses, but very few people with unique, interesting, subtle details that caught my eye. THERE WERE A FEW< BUT I WOULD LIKE MORE.
By the end of the it i had definitely had enough of the whole scene. I missed my hometown like mad and wanted to converse with my buddies.
CONCLUSION FOR NOW
Much of a learning curve in more ways than one
Will not attempt to be a dresser again (maybe in France)
Its easy to meet people if you put yourself out there. Particularly in NZ
NZ fashion is still very small, but slowly growing, similar to a fruit plant - they only get bigger!


Bonsai Apple Tree ^__^

No comments:

Post a Comment